Solar Eclipse Event on Caper's Island
Just a few spaces remaining.
Call 843-801-3924 to join our waitlist for other tours.
Join Famous Adventures and Charleston Outdoor Adventures
for the FULL SOLAR ECLIPSE
on Capers Island
Eclipse time is 2:51 pm
The 2017 Solar Eclipse will be visible for 2 minutes and 30 seconds on Capers Island! Enjoy a day outdoors with your family or friends, see the eclipse from an undeveloped beach. Learn from our naturalists and astronomers on site.
Tickets: $75 per person / $65 for families of 3+
Use the discount code "Family" at checkout if you purchase 3 or more tickets.
Children must be accompanied by an adult, or kids can sign up as Famous Adventures Day Campers. We'll meet at Half Moon in West Ashley and Mt. Pleasant, just like camp. Two Famous Adventures staff will accompany the kids out to the island. Campers ages 10+ are welcome!
- Guided Eco-tour boat ride to and from Capers Island by Charleston Outdoor Adventures
- ISO certified Eclipse-viewing eye-protection (like the old-style paper 3D glasses)
- Capers Island guided tour with a naturalist
- Astronomer on site all day
- Snacks, bottled water. Bring your lunch or dinner.
- Famous Adventures family fun
Choose your launch times
|Boat Leaves IOPMarina||Return Time||Spaces Available|
|8:30 am||4:30 pm||2|
|10:00 am||3:30 pm||1|
|11:30 am||5:30 pm||1|
|1:00 pm||3:30 pm||0|
|1:00 pm||6:30 pm||0|
Where: Meet at the Isle of Palms Marina at least 20 minutes before your tour is scheduled. Plan ahead! Parking is first-come, first-served at the Marina. Bring cash for parking. Fair warning, traffic is supposed to be NUTS on Aug 21. No refunds for missed boat departures.
Also, it may be cloudy or even rain. You're still getting a ride out to Caper's Island, guides, astronomer on site, and family fun. Sorry, no refunds if clouds block the eclipse.
- Our staff are experienced Wilderness First Aid, Water Rescue, and/or Lifeguard certified. You're in good hands with Charleston Outdoor Adventures and Famous Adventures.
- We've checked to see that the eclipse will be visible from the beach (weather permitting) - the trees do not block the view.
- There are no bathrooms on the boat or on the island.
- Bring your lunch or dinner. We'll have bottled water and snacks available.
Refunds will be given until Friday, August 18th, for any reason (updated Aug 13 and emailed to participants- typo previously said "Aug 25"). After Friday, please call 843-801-3924 to discuss possible refunds. We will cancel the trip and refund all tickets if lightning or bad weather prevents the boats from running. We will not refund for cloudy, rainy, or otherwise good weather that keeps you from seeing the eclipse - we'll have a great time on the island, and it will get dark for two minutes (I know, that stinks). No refunds for ticket holders who miss their departure time! There will not be space on the next boat. We highly recommend planning 2-3x the traffic usual estimated time, and maybe getting a few traffic apps to monitor Isle of Palms.