We understand that carriers of COVID-19 can be asymptomatic. Even with screening (see below) we cannot guarantee that your child will not be exposed to the virus either at camp or traveling to and from. We will do everything possible to minimize risk while still operating within our camp structure.
1. COVID-19 policies are detailed throughout this page, summarized on our COVID-19 specific waiver
2. Parents, siblings, caregivers (anyone at pick up and drop off) must wear a mask.
3. Famous Adventures will no longer participate in indoor activities. In the case or rain or inclement weather, we'll seek shelter at Charleston County Parks. Please note that winter camp can bring cold weather, and dress accordingly.
4. We only use outfitters who are following our new policies. We've shared all of this information with our partners, and we no longer visit outfitters who are not following these guidelines.
5. If a new COVID-19 infection is reported during camp, we will close immediately and contact campers, staff and outfitters. Pro-rated refunds will be given to campers. We will participate in contract tracing for any cases reported after camp, as well.
We opened camp June 1-August 19, 2020, and did not have any reported cases of COVID-19 among campers. One staff tested positive over a weekend, and we immediately closed the upcoming camp and contacted all affected campers (we remained closed for 1 week until all staff were tested). All staff tested negative and no campers reported infection.
We continue to update our policies based on recommendations from: